Google

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tips for Cruisers

I told you on my last entry that we were going cruising. This was our first cruise so we took a short one to the Bahamas. We wanted to make sure that we liked cruising before we invested a large amount of money on a cruise vacation. For anyone of you who have never cruised or who are planning a cruise, I hope some of the things we learned will help you.

First organize all of your papers before you leave. I bought a cheap bright pink plastic folder and organized everything I would need for the trip. I put in our tickets, brochures, maps, immigration necessities, soon to be a passport, and hotel confirmations. With everything organized, I didn’t have to ruffle through my purse or look in a suitcase for necessary papers. I have done quite a bit of traveling without organizing my paper work and now realize that this folder saved me headaches and aggravation. Everything I needed was at my fingertips.

The second tip I learned was that cruise ships can be very cold inside. I am cold natured and would have been a frozen block of ice if I had not taken a few sweaters to wear. My husband even got a little cold at times. On my next cruise, I plan to take more long sleeved shirts and long pants for fun days at sea. The weather was quite warm outside so shorts and sleeveless tops are fine in the warm Bahamas air.

I know the Bahamas isn’t Europe, but some of the same tips may help you in your European travels. We had a great time. More tomorrow.

Frances Coleman

No comments: